TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL
Teacher - 2012-08-19
In response to Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL (Absolutely Not!)

Why were all the other posts deleted? It is obvious this post I am replying to was in response to other posts (that were obviously not good). In Korea, I heard there is a law that you can not talk bad about an employer even if it is true. As for the previous posts I recall reading, I wonder if they were deleted as a result of this law. And to the person who posted the above comment, how would you know the previous posters worked at the school still for 2 or more years.

It sounds to me that the school reached out to you to write such a post. Did they also get the other teachers to delete their posts by subjecting them to more cultural ill treatment? If you are going to post a reply, I believe you need to answer why you actually posted such a reply and answer why the previous posts were deleted? I have been hesitant to post specifics because of this law in Korea. Thus, I rather remain vague at this time. [as for anyone looking to teach in Korea, keep this in mind. if you want to speak out about a business in Korea. Do not say anything bad as I heard it is a crime. OR manage to keep specifics out to prevent them from identifying you. Someone told me it is a crime and you can get sued even if you speak the truth]

Why do you not endorse or want to say anything bad about the school? If you are neutral, why did you feel the need to defend the school when you are not working for them or in Korea anymore. Saying this, I am sure you want continued letters of recommendations and good reference. In order to gain our readers trust, we would like to know "What was this post worth to you"?

I was shocked at how shady the school is. What I claim is shady, you most likely call cultural business practices.

Would you say discrimination and illegal activity is ok as long as it is cultural? I hope you never become the victim of such practices when you travel somewhere. I hope you learn the easy way that no one should ever have to endure such ill treatment just because it is what you claim to be cultural. Also, you lose so much credibility as a person for implying it is ok that they carried out such practices because you were only there to make money. You do not get to turn your back and continue to claim your a good person. The things these posters before wrote involved discrimination and serious harassment.

If teachers were there for two years and posting such complaints, I feel they hoped to remain unknown but somehow, the school knew who they were based on the specifics they posted. Now, if the school did not actually treat the posters like this, how did they and you know who they were? I find this very interesting. The school has many teachers and I recall only a handful of posters at most. It was not even 5 teachers who posted but somehow you know who posted the comments alleging the ill treatment. The only way you would have known who it was was if they actually treated the teachers as such.

As to anyone thinking of working for them, I do not think you need to read the previous posts. You only need to read this post I replied to and know that the school managed to know who the teachers were based on the content of the posts. The posts did allege ill treatment in what is referred to as a smear campaign. REALLY! Ask yourself, if they have so many teachers, how did they know who the teachers were and how did they know the teachers were still working for them.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Absolutely Not! -- 2012-04-29
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- j -- 2015-01-14
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- anonymous -- 2015-03-05
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Teacher -- 2012-08-19
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Tanya Claxton -- 2019-02-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL

Go to another board -