TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors
foxy - 2012-08-19

Finally, I've managed to get my laptop working well in China despite running the Chinese version of Windows 7. I've downloaded some free tools. They run very well in conjunction with each other. It has taken me 4 days to get my system working well. I'll settle for that, though I'm no computer expert!
1 - Windows MSE for security
2 - Windows Firewall Protection
3 - NT Registry Tweaker, very simple and fast
4 - Weeny Free System Cleaner, don't use to clean disk drives
5 - Jet Clean, use to clean registry
6 - Jet Boost, use instead of ASC's Turbo Boost - set to work mode, very good tool.
7 - Advanced System Care, use registry fix, quick care and deep care. Also has uninstaller and Win Fix, both very useful.
8 - MZ XP Tweaker, you can turn off the monitor whenever you like
9 - ARO 2012, apply 'clean up'.

I use UUSee, Baidu, Sopcast and Veetle. Also Destiny Media Payer, but WMP and Real Player have no sound! I've also somehow lost the sound on Veetle HD, or Sopcast, or Baidu only when I have no option but to use the Baidu Player to watch some particular HD movies! So, I don't watch those ones! Now I'm set up well for podcasts and for live international radio - 128 KB/s radio stations okay via Shoutcast , sports and movies. I can live with my sound problems!

Messages In This Thread
Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- foxy -- 2012-08-19
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- John Austin (in Newfoundland) -- 2012-08-23
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- San Migs -- 2012-08-23
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-23
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-20
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-20
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors

Go to another board -