TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL
Teacher - 2012-08-19
In response to Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL (Fraud Buster)

I want to reply to this post that I think we need not continue the discrimination. Asians do work hard just like the rest of us. The Korean teachers at Jayeon do work hard. I am not a Korean. Please note that. I am not sticking up for Jayeon as I myself feel the management does their job very poorly. They micromanage everything. For some reason, they feel the need to include everyone on one project. The result: the project gets all messed up because it is divided up between so many people when it does not need to be. I think they take group work to an extreme. In other words, group work tends to create more of a mess for them than it should. Lets not continue the discrimination please. However, I do notice a tendency on the Korean management at this place to think English people are not too bright and they treat us as such. It is in a way quite amusing as we all have undergrad degrees and we merely do this for more traveling experience.

Anyway, as to the comment you post. I agree with you that one of the Korean people wrote it from Jayeon. I recall reading that post in the past and it is now deleted I believe. WHY DID ALL THE PRIOR COMMENTS GET DELETED?

In regards to this comment you talk about, it was either management or it was someone doing it at the direction of Management. The problem the posts created was a backlash on the teachers still there. While they knew who made the posts, I think they put pressure on everyone to make sure no one else posts. Plus, without a release of contract, the teachers working there had to make a choice. Make the best of it or go back home until the contract expires.

The best advice: if it gets out of hand, put money aside in your home country bank account and contact immigration when you can't take it anymore. If you really want to stay, there is a way to get released. A few friends in Korea told me they were able to get employed elsewhere despite a prior employer refusing to sign the release. Have you heard of any teachers finding employment after leaving Jayeon without having a release from them?

Messages In This Thread
Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Absolutely Not! -- 2012-04-27
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Fraud Buster -- 2012-06-21
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Teacher -- 2012-08-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL

Go to another board -