TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Warning: APH Himeji, Japan Link
Canarianazucena - 2008-08-28

Well, I worked for APH too, and I didn't want to take part of this discussion until today. I agree about what Dan and Usagi so all I can say is the same they already said. But now, because I see that there are many people deffending APH with false arguments, I think I need to write some lines and express the following:

1. Well it's false that "APH teaches 15 languages and employs many teachers". Ms Okada intends to teach 15 languages but she has many troubles to find teachers because her character and working conditions, so if you ask her about lessons in Russian, she will probably regret to tell you they can't teach you. She has not more than 3 teachers working for her and not more than 10 lessons per week, most of them on Saturdays. Okada's customer list is really slim.

2. It's funny to heard that "she invites you to her events". Definitely not. She doesn't "invite" you: She FORCE you to attend the events (Halloween parties, etc.). If you don't attend them, you are fired, and she doesn't pay teachers to attend those events.

3. When I signed a contract with her, she warned me many time that "I wrote this conditions to avoid some troubles I had with some teachers in the past". So it seems that not every teachers were satisfied with APH and Okada. And Okada seems to be very conscious of it.

4. I don't know about that "nice atmosphere": the school was always empty, with no teachers and no students. And no secretaries, because it's true what Dan said: Okada loved firing Japanese secretaries. APH resisted from 1970 because Okada must have better business or she is millionaire, because it's obvious she is not living from APH.

5. APH website is full of pictures that belongs to other schools and institutions and Okada is using them illegally (most of them belong to Hyogo International Plaza official website and they have the rights to use those images). She never updates the website: in the teachers' list you can see there are four teachers: none of them are currently working at APH. One of them is Daniel (Dan), and another one is me. Can we still thing Okada is sophisticated and elegant with that kind of website?

That's all I had to say.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Re: Warning: APH Himeji, Japan Link -- Usagi -- 2008-08-04
Re: Warning: APH Himeji, Japan Link -- Ralph -- 2008-08-27
Re: Warning: APH Himeji, Japan Link -- B -- 2008-08-27
Re: Warning: APH Himeji, Japan Link -- Canarianazucena -- 2008-08-28
Re: Warning: APH Himeji, Japan Link -- Phill -- 2010-06-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Warning: APH Himeji, Japan Link

Go to another board -