TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re: Khor tot na krap!
Miss Tick - 2004-09-07
In response to Re: Re: Khor tot na krap! (Laowai In China)

Dear Mr de Plume,

Please, I beg of you to allow an old fuddy-duddy a little latitude and accept my sincere apologies for my confusion with regard to your name. Im sure its these old spectacles of minethings do seem to loom at me from the most distressing of angles on occasion

well, there you go! Thai! Imagine that, and here was me again being completely bewildered and mistaken as usual! You really must forgive meI had been labouring under the unforgivable misapprehension that Thai was one of those quaint squiggly looking languagesnever too old to learn as my darling second cousin Hermione always said until that unfortunate incident before afternoon tea at the Siberian tiger enclosure during the Scone Womens Bowling Clubs annual outing to Taronga park zoo back in 1973, bless her albeit bloody cotton socksbut here I go again boring everybody with my silly reminiscencesI really dont know why you bother putting up with mebut, yes - now that you mention it - Ive always wanted to travel to Thaiwan; it seems like such an interesting place, and it is such a relief to know that they at least use the same letters as we do - even if they dont put them in quite the same order! unfortunately i'm fairly sure that if I ever do get there, there's a fair chance that i wont have enough time to establish the veracity of the statistics you quote however Im sure wed have no reason to doubt the integrity of the sources of such an erudite and insightful young man as yourself now would we?

Ingenuously yours,

Miss Tick

Post Script. I almost forgot - why yes, I am familiar with the term verbose do you require an explanation in this regard? I have always found Mr Oxfords dictionaries to be a marvellous source of reference - you have heard of them perchance?

Messages In This Thread
High school in Japan -- Jaime -- 2004-09-03
Re: High school in Japan -- Toad in the hole -- 2004-09-04
Re: High school in Japan -- Laowai In China -- 2004-09-03
Please. -- Miss Tick -- 2004-09-03
Re: Please. -- DOS -- 2004-09-04
Khor tot na krap! -- Laowai In China -- 2004-09-03
Re: Khor tot na krap! -- Miss Tick -- 2004-09-05
Re: Re: Khor tot na krap! -- Laowai In China -- 2004-09-07
Re: Re: Khor tot na krap! -- Miss Tick -- 2004-09-07
It's Thai. -- DOS -- 2004-09-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re: Khor tot na krap!

Go to another board -