TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Forgery and Fraud in and out of China
FT in China - 2010-05-05

Let's get to the root cause of foreign teachers sending scans of passport pages and academic qualifications not only to recruiters, but also to direct employers via the net, shall we?

The root cause is the Chinese bureaus of education, and the PSB themselves, not to mention school FAO's themselves, many of whom want to see the photos of job applicants on passports to ensure said applicants are white! You see, applications from Chinese employers for approved letters of invitation must be supported by the aforementioned scans. Crazy! This leaves the way open for criminals to misuse the scans to perpetrate ID frauds. The Chinese authorities can make it much more difficult for fraudsters to do their dirty business by instructing employers not to insist on scanned copies of passport pages and academic qualifications accompanying job applications.

But the bureaus of education who issue FEC's and the PSB who have more than one department involved in the approval of letters of invitation need to change their procedures too. The necessary documentation for hiring FT's can be approved against personal information supplied by jobseekers on resumes. Then, the originals of passports and degrees can be checked against said resumes in China. If there are no discrepancies, then an RP can be issued. That's kinda like what doctors advice re AIDS, ie safe sex will prevent the spread of AIDS. Please do not tar all recruiters with the same brush at this time. They're just following the stupid system here. Eliminate the root cause,scanning, and fraudsters will have no way to misuse scans.

Another thing that has made me angry is a direct employer passing on my job application with its scanned documents to another school that I hadn't applied to! Said school then contacted me offering me a job! Schools are careless with scans too.

If scans are not asked for, we needn't have so many security agents running around after fraudsters. The latter will not have the chance to forge without the aforementioned scans!

Messages In This Thread
China: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Chris -- 2006-06-20
Re: China: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Raj -- 2012-01-12
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Peter -- 2009-05-03
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- William Scanlon -- 2009-11-09
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Theo -- 2009-05-03
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Smitty -- 2010-05-04
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- ted -- 2010-05-06
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2010-05-07
Forgery and Fraud in and out of China -- FT in China -- 2010-05-05
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- MB -- 2010-05-01
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- The Owl -- 2009-05-03
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- iapplied2angseslcafe -- 2009-07-09
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Lucy -- 2009-08-30
About Angelina's ESL Cafe - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Tefl Expert -- 2006-07-05
Angelina's Cafe - Teachers Discussion -- DB -- 2006-06-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Forgery and Fraud in and out of China

Go to another board -