TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My advice for now - Teachers discussion
Rheno747 - 2006-03-24

Joe, I'd advice ya to go to Bangkok, get a fake TESOL, and dive in. You may not like it here in Thailand. If you get a fake first and don't like what you see, you've not spent a ton of mullah on a TESOL. If you DO like it and want to get a real one later, do it up.

A TESOL or CELTA certificate is supposedly required in Thailand, but many people run on fakes. I have two colleagues at my school who teach on fake TESOLs and they are doing just fine. I got a real one and they make me feel like a fool.

If you like kids, have a real degree, and the determination to succeed, you won't have problems. Just make a trip to Kaoh San Road and get the fake TESOL and you'll be set. If later you want to get a real one, you'll find plenty of good programs in Thailand. Be sure to go the cheapest route possible if you do decide you want a real one later.

Good luck.

Messages In This Thread
Teaching small kids in Thailand - Teachers discussion -- joe -- 2006-03-22
Good info Rheno - Teachers discussion -- joe -- 2006-03-24
I'll email you - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-03-25
Great!! Thanks. - Teachers discussion -- joe -- 2006-03-25
My advice for now - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-03-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My advice for now - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -