TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Has anyone heard of HELLO TEACHER or JESSI ENGLISH CENTER?
newbie sensei - 2004-08-21

Sorry for the bold letters. Has anyone heard of any of the two? I came across their website, which looks and sounds like a scam to me. (I might add... a scam targetting the non-native speakers).

Here's what was written under "conditions":

* Give us your dates of availability

* Obtain a Chinese tourist visa (at home or in Hong-Kong)

* Assure us that you are fluent in English, with a flawless pronunciation*

* Teach 15 to 20 oral English lessons per week (1 lesson is about 45 minutes)

* When needed, help the centre advertise (speeches, flyers, TV commercials...)

* Otherwise we wont be able to give you a full time schedule. We wont be responsible if the school partners are not satisfy with your non-standard accent.

Of course, I may be wrong. I just find it very daring for a "school" to openly advise prospective teachers who intend to work in China to enter the country on a tourist visa. Their assurance of converting the tourist visa to a working visa does not even sound assuring:

"We can provide a working visa under CERTAIN CONDITIONS. please bring a copy of your diplomas, a letter of recommendation and a medical health certificate."

Messages In This Thread
Has anyone heard of HELLO TEACHER or JESSI ENGLISH CENTER? -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-21
Re: Has anyone heard of HELLO TEACHER or JESSI ENGLISH CENTER? -- Globe Trotter -- 2004-08-22
Re: Has anyone heard of HELLO TEACHER or JESSI ENGLISH CENTER? -- DoS -- 2004-08-22
Re: Has anyone heard of HELLO TEACHER or JESSI ENGLISH CENTER? -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-21
my good experience with jessi center -- Beijingesa -- 2004-12-31
really? -- The Observer -- 2004-12-31
Answer -- Jerome -- 2004-10-28
Jerome=Yakup? -- Interesting -- 2005-01-01
Jessi = Paul Adler? -- Curious -- 2004-08-21
Re: Jessi = Paul Adler? -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Has anyone heard of HELLO TEACHER or JESSI ENGLISH CENTER?

Go to another board -