TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Good Cities to Teach In in Taiwan&China
dee - 2004-08-16

HA HA HA AH HA AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
My sentiments exactly!!!

OK OK Im next:

I want to be rich, but not have to work. I want to eat as much chocolate as I want & never gain weight. I want everyone I meet to respect me but I dont want to have to earn it...(Wait, that last one actually happens to some foreign teachers in China).

TO WHOEVER WROTE THE ORIGINAL POSTING:
I don't think you are looking for a job in China...Maybe try heaven.

Seriously though, if you want to work in China, the facts for most jobs are:

You can't save LOTS of money,
You have to work (kinda) hard,
There is no perfect, (or even near perfect) city,
If there are lots of other foreigners, then it IS a big, crowded city.

ON THE GOOD SIDE:
You can earn enough money to live very comfortably (IN CHINA).
You only work about half the hours as in Western countries.
Lots of small cities are comfortable to live in, but this is China, after all. You can't expect it to be like anywhere you've lived before.

You have to choose what is most important to you. Do you want cultural experiences, or do you want to spend most of your time with other foreigners. Are you really coming for money, or to find a better life then at home? If so, remember China is a developing country. Thats why everyone from other countries arent banging down doors to get in here.

I have had to accept alot of difficult things that i never thought i would have been able to do. But, my life here is great. I learn something new every day, i meet lots of different people, I have made tons of friends, i can afford almost anything i want here, and although there are things I miss, I have learned to live without them...quite comfortably.

If you are in it for what it offers you, then come to china. if you are in it with expectations based on another life, then maybe find an easier country to teach in.

> Oohh! Oooh! My turn!

> I want a big suitcase full of large denomination notes, a sexy girl
> whenever I want one, beer on tap (that won't give me a hangover).
> I would like to be able to jump tall building, speak fluent Chinese
> and a really good singing voice wouldn't go amiss.

> Anyone else?

Messages In This Thread
Good Cities to Teach In in Taiwan&China -- nightpoet223 -- 2004-08-15
Re: Good Cities to Teach In in Taiwan&China -- DoS -- 2004-08-15
Re: Good Cities to Teach In in Taiwan&China -- dee -- 2004-08-16
Re: Good Cities to Teach In in Taiwan&China -- Ian -- 2004-08-15
Re: Good Cities to Teach In in Taiwan&China -- dakelei -- 2004-08-24
More info abt Shentou requested? -- j.j. -- 2004-08-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Good Cities to Teach In in Taiwan&China

Go to another board -