TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: 6 month contracts in Seoul
nic - 2004-07-03
In response to 6 month contracts in Seoul (lynn)

> Hi,

> I was wondering if someone could recommend a good recruiter or a good
> school that does 6 month contracts in Seoul? Thanks in advance!

6 months is too little. one year is always better. don't expect a school to give you a roundtrip for 6 months in seoul. maybe your best bet is to travel to korea in your own and find a job this way. the foreigner visa to teach is too expensive for 6 months. of course there are those who will tell you that is realistic. well if you listen to them, you will be stranded where you are for 6 months. pls don't take me wrong. 6 months is fine if you are in seoul already and somebody need a replacement, etc, etc. without the foreigner visa. schools are looking for now for 1 year with the intention to have the teacher 2 years. i read in the korean herald that the average of foreign teachers looking-living in seoul everyday is 200 and up forign teachers. the gold rush is over. same as it happened in japan 2 years ago. for recomendations to find right schools and recruiters, do the homework yourself, email 50 and choose one you like. to follow the advice from other teachers is like marry somebody else because your friend recommended.

Messages In This Thread
6 month contracts in Seoul -- lynn -- 2004-07-03
Re: 6 month contracts in Seoul -- nic -- 2004-07-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: 6 month contracts in Seoul

Go to another board -