TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion
Ruan Burnett - 2012-04-05

I've read many, many, many complaints about Kid Castle saying how horribly they treat their employees (the ones in Xi'an, especially), but I can honestly say that that isn't always the case. When I was fresh out of University I grabbed the first job teaching English in China that I could find. This job happened to be at a Kid Castle. For the year that I lived and worked in Xi'an I had a blast, a lot of that due to the school or the people I met through the school. With regards to Kid Castle in Xi'an, there is something that people SHOULD know, but they tend not to. Most Kid Castles in Xi'an are run by a Chinese women whose name I can't recall at this point in time. Most, if not all, complaints lodged against Kid Castle, Xi'an, are from foreigner teachers who worked at one of her schools. Myself, I worked at a Kid Castle owned by a Taiwanese man named Eric. Eric owns several schools, his wife, Sara owns 1 Language School, and their good friend, Michael, also owns a couple of schools in Xi'an. If you are fortunate enough to be employed by one of these, then you won't have much to complain about. I was never treated unfairly, I was never paid late, I was never made to feel like a second-class employee or a replaceable cog in a machine. My boss, and the school as a whole, always treated me with the utmost respect.

My main reason for posting this so far down the line (worked at Kid Castle about 2 and a half years ago) is that my old boss is having a very hard time finding new teachers, precisely because of this prevailing opinion about Kid Castle in Xi'an. In 4 months my contract in Taiwan at HESS is finished, then I'm returning to Xi'an, back to Kid Castle. That is how much I enjoyed teaching there. I'd hate to think that people would miss out on a great experience merely because there is an unfair about about Kid Castle (as a whole) floating around.

So, please, if you're looking for employment in Xi'an, don't just dismiss Kid Castle straight off the bat. There are some awesome branches out there.

If you have come across a job for teaching at Kid Castle, send me a message and I'll check if it's for a good school, or one of the crappy ones. And if you don't take my word for it I can direct you to several other people who share my feelings about Kid Castle.

Messages In This Thread
Kids Castle - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2006-08-28
Re Kids Castle - Teachers Discussion -- Joe -- 2015-08-12
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- SKeane -- 2012-12-05
Concern - Teachers Discussion -- Teacher -- 2006-11-14
Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Karen -- 2007-07-12
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Ruan Burnett -- 2012-04-05
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Dragana -- 2015-11-16
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Tami -- 2015-11-09
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Dragana -- 2015-11-16
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- t p synn001 -- 2014-05-07
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Mr Laoshi -- 2014-12-15
Xi'an is notorious -- Twice Shy -- 2015-08-16
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Steven -- 2014-05-08
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- San Migs -- 2012-04-06
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Dragonized -- 2012-04-05
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- Ruan Burnett -- 2012-07-29
Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion -- San Migs -- 2012-04-06
BlakeS's evolving nightmare - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-28
Visa Details for the Horror Story - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-28
Spread The Word! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-28
Re: Spread The Word! - Teachers Discussion -- bishopboss -- 2009-07-07
You "Complied?" -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2009-07-07
Re: Spread The Word! - Teachers Discussion -- Turino -- 2009-07-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Kid Castle Xi'an China - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -