TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Well said - ESL discussion
jinchafa - 2005-04-12
In response to Bravo - ESL discussion (Art)

Thank you for your support Art. You bring up an interesting point regarding making a fool of ourselves in front of recruiters and employers. Many of them must have a pretty dim view of us anyway, given the way they so often renig on promises as if we are not worthy of their honesty. I recently took a job where I agreed to a one month trial period because I've already learned to be wary. My wariness didn't help me much though. After the one month I called it quits due to their insincerity and they docked me 4000RMB for visa costs. I'll name them later. What I think is important now though is that we carefully scrutinize the job boards so that we can warn others when something suspicious appears. What gives the recruiters their power right now is that they think there is a large pool of unaware teachers to draw from. Unfortunately they're right. But maybe we can change that. I intend to try.

Messages In This Thread
just to warn non- native speakers who intends to work in china!!! - ESL discussion -- betcha -- 2005-04-10
dime a dozen - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-04-11
Bravo - ESL discussion -- Art -- 2005-04-12
Well said - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-04-12
RE: non-native speakers - ESL discussion -- David -- 2005-04-10
Well said - ESL discussion -- Art -- 2005-04-11
To ART - ESL discussion -- XYZ -- 2005-04-13
"FIVE YEARS NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHIN IN CHINA" - ESL discussion -- Felix -- 2005-04-11
A POSSIBLE ANSWER. - ESL discussion -- Felix -- 2005-04-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Well said - ESL discussion

Go to another board -