TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Foreign Teacher outdone by Chinese Student
Chinaman - 2005-02-10
In response to Laughter's the Best Medicine (Chinaman)

It was a cold winter day in Harbin, when Tony an Esl teacher walked out onto a frozen lake, cut a hole in the ice, dropped in his fishing line and began waiting for a fish to bite.

He was there for almost an hour without even a nibble when one of his students walked out onto the ice, cut a hole in the ice not too far from where he is and dropped in his fishing line. It only took about a minute and WHAM! a Largemouth Bass hit his hook and the boy pulled in the fish.

The teacher couldn't believe it but figured it was just luck. But, the student dropped in his line and again within just a few minutes pulled in another one.

This went on and on until finally the teacher couldn't take it any more since he hadn't caught a thing all this time.

He went to the student and said, "Bill, I've been here for over an hour without even a nibble. You have been here only a few minutes and have caught about half a dozen fish! How do you do it?"

The student responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra roory rums rrarm."

"What was that?" the teacher asked.

Again the student responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra roory rums rarrm."

"Look," said the teacher, "I've been teaching you for 2 bloody years now and I still can't understand a word you are saying."

So, the student spit into his hand and said, "You have to keep the bloody worms warm!"

Messages In This Thread
Laughter's the Best Medicine -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
Laughter's the best medicine. -- Felix -- 2005-02-11
Foreign Teacher outdone by Chinese Student -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
Getting out of School -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
Magic Lamp? -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
'Definitely' -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
'indefinitely' -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
Name the animals -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
lETTERS ON FRUIT -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
Ten Most Wanted Man -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
College Rules -- Chinaman -- 2005-02-10
thx for the jokes >\-| -- greg -- 2005-02-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Foreign Teacher outdone by Chinese Student

Go to another board -