TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
The Observer - 2004-12-06
In response to re the Observer (falutin)

I'm not talking about "most Asian countries", whatever that means. I never mentioned Japan or Korea, and I personally don't care one fig about whatever might or might not be the case in those places.

I'm talking about CHINA, I quite specifically only mentioned CHINA, I have been here long enough to know that I am correct in what I say about employment at universities here , and if you think there is some generally observed law in CHINA that stipulates a cut-off age for foreign staff at universities here, not only are you entirely wrong, but the fact that you would even make such a ridiculous assertion shows that you have never even been here.

As for the private language schools, last time I was a DoS in one of those outfits IN CHINA, we had a person well into their 40's and another into their 50's on staff, and they were our most popular teachers.

I reiterate to the gentleman who made the original enquiry, if you are in good health there will be no legal barriers to your employment IN CHINA, and I am quite sure that you will easily find work here. You'd be far from the first person of your vintage to come here specifically to teach and seek new experiences. As if 62 is "old" anyway.

Messages In This Thread
AGE Factor -- William Box -- 2004-12-05
The ageist Asians -- esl in asia -- 2004-12-06
age -- The Observer -- 2004-12-06
re The Observer -- falutin -- 2004-12-06
re the Observer -- falutin -- 2004-12-06
hi falutin -- The Observer -- 2004-12-06
hi falutin -- falutin -- 2004-12-06
hi falutin -- The Observer -- 2004-12-07
age -- falutin -- 2004-12-06

Go to another board -