TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › BEWARE OF THE CHINA JOB POSTS!! - Teachers Discussion
Ned - 2006-12-16

If you will notice on the job board right now, many of the jobs are for university positions. I have been looking for a middle school, high school or university position for a month and have dealt with these following "people" who are all really one person:

Victor
teachingjobs@163.com OR tesoljobs@163.com

vickiruan520@yahoo.com.cn

Yanming Wang chinatesoljobs@yahoo.com.cn calls herself Jane

guorushi@yahoo.com.cn calls herself Cathy, which is funny because after asking for an e-mail contact of a foreign teacher I was given an extremely generic address of a supposed Canadian named cathysmithmcdonald@yahoo.ca

Here is the e-mail that this recruiter sent me under the guise of former foreign teacher of the university I was "applying" for:

"Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.I was travelling and have limited email access.
Everything worked so open mind here in Taiyuan Normal University and very easy to communicate with the other teachers.
The students listening very well what i was teaching and they are so kind and respect for my working.
The students worked very hard at their oral english.
I was so happly to work there.I was the most popular one here.
The apartment here is nice.It was private and quiet.It has a kitchen with gas and microwave stove.
There is a cupboard next to the gas stove.
Hope you have a nice time in Taiyuan.
Best wishes!
Yours Sincerely
Cathy McDonald

I don't know what they have to gain from advertising university positions that don't even exist. I contacted the university myself and they said that they were not even hiring teachers. I believe this may be an example of the old bait and switch. So beware if you have dealings with anyone of these different contacts that they probably will tell you that you are going to teach at a university but switch it on you when you arrive.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › BEWARE OF THE CHINA JOB POSTS!! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -