TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Non Native English Teachers - Teachers Discussion
KJK - 2006-08-20

I know that in the city of Yinchuan here, there were at least seven Phillipinos teaching here this past school term. The reasons that I feel for more of them being recruited is for the fallowing reasons. 1) The demand for native speakers is greater than the supply. 2) They will willingly work for the low salaries for the money alone and the experience. 3) They do not complain like many of the western teachers do (some Westerners have good reason to complain though) and can be easily controlled. 4) Their Englsh ranges from very good to very poor but they can speak it and read it fairly well. So the students can learn some English. 5) Some of them work very hard.

As long as there is such a high demand you are going to see teachers coming from other countries to teach not only in China but other countries as well. We will have to get used to it.

Messages In This Thread
I'm missing something. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-20
Filipinos, etc... - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-21
response to Raoul... - Teachers Discussion -- Maryjoy -- 2006-08-30
Good News! - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-31
That's what I figured. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-22
Non Native English Teachers - Teachers Discussion -- KJK -- 2006-08-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Non Native English Teachers - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -