TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: False advertising in flase ad article
Sinophile - 2004-05-07

Rhombus
You exaggerate. I met a lot of Chinese who were fluent in English on a 3 day (not 3 year) trip to Beijing. Our tour guides were good examples. I also met a lot of Chinese in Korean colleges and universities making more money than if they stayed home. That's right, they are Chinese nationals and teaching Koreans because the money is better. China CAN afford to supply and train and hire local English teachers but DOESN'T. The teachers they have do not get proper pay, supplies, upgrading and foreign experience. It is cheaper to bring in foreigners who will work for peanuts.

When foreigners go into China the Chinese don't have to develop their own base of teachers. It is like sending tons of second-hand clothing to West Africa. It is undermining the local garment industry.

If you like the charity work in China then enjoy it. I know European engineers who worked on the Three Georges project and they did not receive chicken feed for their skills.

Messages In This Thread
False advertising in flase ad article -- John Woodbury -- 2004-03-23
Re: False advertising in flase ad article -- Sinophile -- 2004-03-23
Re: False advertising in flase ad article -- John Woodbury -- 2004-04-14
Re: False advertising in flase ad article -- rhombus -- 2004-05-06
Re: False advertising in flase ad article -- Sinophile -- 2004-05-07
Re: False advertising in flase ad article -- Ian -- 2004-06-20
Re: False advertising in flase ad article -- Sinophile -- 2004-04-14
Re: False advertising in flase ad article -- Bruce S. -- 2004-04-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: False advertising in flase ad article

Go to another board -