TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL
Absolutely Not! - 2012-04-29

As I said before, I am neither endorsing school's practices, nor am I attacking them. I just qualified some of my statements so interested parties would get a better picture of this school. I described the events as they happened and as I witnessed them. My attempts to clarify these events do not come from an emotional place. I know (for a fact) that some of the people posting here post stories that they've heard (not witnessed). That is why my description of events (not my judgement of them, or my opinion) is more valid.

Again, as it relates to treatment of the Korean staff, I will not comment any further as (no matter how hard I try) I will never fully understand Korean culture. I can not judge something I don't fully understand (and I ask you not to do the same). As the same practice seems relates to one foreign staff member, I would question that staff member's integrity in the first place. When called by the Labour Board, the school provided a number infractions committed by this member that were contrary to the contract. This, then, turns into a he said-she said situation, and I am not sure why'd someone take member's side of the story as valid. Finally, if this staff member committed these infractions, and if another school called for references, then I am not sure why would school communicate any inaccuracies (i.e.. if she or he was an underperforming employee, why would the school furnish a positive reference?).

Finally, I guarantee if you follow the stipulations of the contract (which is available to any employee even before he or she arrives to Korea), you will have no issues! GUARANTEED!

I will finish by saying that all of the above (including all my previous postings) is solely my opinion, based on my experiences at the school. They were mostly positive. Again, I have no interest in defending or attacking this place of work. I am only interested in respectfully furnishing everyone with all aspects of this issue.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Absolutely Not! -- 2012-04-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL

Go to another board -