TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › XINGZHEN SCHOOL
#1 Parent Sinophile - 2004-05-07
Re: XINGZHEN SCHOOL

Did you know: Blind guys often make excellent sculptors.

#2 Parent rhombus - 2004-05-06

I've been here in China for close to three years and have taught at several schools and I can answer your "Why not hire more Asians?" question by posing another one: "Why don't art schools hire more blind guys?"

#3 Parent Budda - 2004-03-23

Roger can you post some details of your experience in China and that will show others what to beware of.

This big push in China/Korea/Japan/Taiwan etc. to get native English teachers is about schools trying to KEEP UP WITH THE NEIGHBOUR SCHOOLS and MARKETING THE WHITE FACE to make more money. Business. Asians are quite capable of teaching themselves English with proper training, materials, support systems and overseas experience. Why don't the schools hire their own people? Asians? They do actually, at much reduced salary/benefits and most of these beginner teachers are female,hired straight out of university with one degree, often inadequate English and zero teaching experience. Schools get what they pay for and they do not want to pay for well-trained Asians and give them the support they need. The situation will not reform itself.

#4 Parent freddy joe anonymous - 2004-03-22

If your experience was as bad as your English, it must have really been unbearable.

roger pickering - 2004-03-22
XINGZHEN SCHOOL

i ALONG WITH MY WIFE HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF OUR LIFES AT THE SCHOOLIN XINGZHEN RUN BY MISS ZHONG XUDONG

Return to Index › XINGZHEN SCHOOL

Go to another board -