TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: BSK shanghai
Ron Cash - 2008-09-05
In response to BSK shanghai (Stuart)

I recently went to Shanghai to work for BSK. When I arrived they were not waiting for me at the airport like they promised. I had to find my own way to the temporary living quarters some 30 miles away. Then, nobody came to see me or called the next day. So, after that I found the office in town. It is only a temp agency, it doesn't appear to be a school at all. The wonderful teaching technique they were proud of is only a primary book same as any you find at any asian school supply. They would not even give me a ride to or from the living quarters to the office. The contract that says they will supply housing means nothing. They wanted 9,000.00 rmb for apartment rent up front, that's about $1,315.00 US. Then, they wanted to take about half the salary for taxes and fees, their fees, leaving me with about enough to pay bills and survive. The woman in charge was very rude and appears to hate foreign teachers. She railed on me in Chinese, but I got the drift of it. The people of Shanghai are very hateful toward foreign teachers and while I was there, I tried to get a room at 6 or 7 hotels that refused to rent to me. Sometimes the clerk would say yes and begin the paperwork and someone would come speak something to them, and they would just grin and say, no rooms. Finally, I just got a cab back to the airport and came back to the states.

Ron

Messages In This Thread
BSK shanghai -- Stuart -- 2008-07-13
Re: BSK shanghai -- Ron Cash -- 2008-09-05
Re: BSK shanghai -- teachngo -- 2009-09-20
Re: BSK shanghai -- ConsterNation -- 2008-09-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: BSK shanghai

Go to another board -