TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Dos - 2004-10-10

I would like to know where you get your numbers from. 95% of positions go through recruiters? I don't think so. Please back up your numbers.

I also think your basic premise is flawed. Teachers have *lots* of places to go. Just look at any ESL job site.

That's not to say that the ESL world is perfect and these problems are not out there, but what people write on bulletin boards tends to be the 'darker side' stuff. You dont here about the thousands of teachers who are fine and dandy because they simply dont log on and say Yep, everythings great here!

I would have to comment on your English as well. It is riddled with grammatical and other errors. Doesnt look very good coming from a supposed English teacher. Dont you check your texts?

As for recruiters. Yes, there are a lot of dodgy ones out there. However, my advise would be: Dont use them! If you have the gumption to do a bit of work yourself you can find a decent job without much effort, and the risk is no greater (likely less) than if you go through a recruiter.

Messages In This Thread
Really -- Dos -- 2004-10-10
Hear here -- Dos -- 2004-10-10
Pot calling the kettle black .. and so forth -- Laowai In China -- 2004-10-13

Go to another board -