TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Stay away from MunHwa Language School
Rose Lynde - 2004-10-07

After travelling from Vancouver, Canada to Gwangju, Korea, this email was a direct notice to MunHwa Language School school as I fled the scene the very next day. Didn't even get inside a classroom!:

I wasn't about to wait for our suggested meeting on Thursday. My immediate exodus was prompted by the following:
When I awoke early morning to the clatter and sounds of hammering and pots banging, I got up to further investigate. By now its daybreak and I can see
my surroundings. I opened sliding door at living room
to discover a market of stalls below the apt with
garbage all over, open running ditches. Noise and overpowering urine smell in addition to a filthy apartment! I don't think so.

This contract was doomed from the start. Arriving in Korea didn't get any better. Not being met at the airport is really inexcusable.
Eventually being taken to apt to find my bedroom was without a light, as was the bathroom. The bed was without linens or towels for freshening up. Going shopping on arrival for essentials after a journey half-way 'round the world is not my idea of being welcomed to new country and surroundings.

With the light of dawn I could inspect apt more thoroughly. There were exposed areas around piping rampant with cockroaches (inside and
out) and mice droppings. The kitchen was encrusted in
layered filth and the oven in a rancid disgusting state. At this point I decided 'I am out of
here'; wake up the roommate with these same words.

Adeline (roommate) said she mentioned more than once about the
lighting (or lack of it), no linens and the cleaning
requirements for incoming roommate.

You not only need a co-ordinator for staff, you need to develop a system for your incoming/outgoing staff. You really have done more harm by your inefficiency and turning a blind eye to simple matters.

Rose Lynde

Messages In This Thread
Stay away from MunHwa Language School -- Rose Lynde -- 2004-10-07
Re: You can't 'Stay away from MunHwa Language School' -- Sandy Combes -- 2010-03-07
Re: You can't 'Stay away from MunHwa Language School' -- Martin -- 2010-07-23
Mun Hwa School? EXCELLENT! -- Leigh Donevan -- 2004-10-21
This is a FALSE report... -- Adilene -- 2004-10-13
And the roommate??? -- Laowai -- 2004-10-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Stay away from MunHwa Language School

Go to another board -