TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Why a teacher who is making more money at home would quit his job and come to Asia?
#1 Parent The Arrogant One - 2004-09-21
Re: Why a teacher who is making more money at home would quit his job and come to Asia?

> "They come to Korea for change and if male, for women. But they
> don't have to be in Korea, get that through your arrogant head. Its a
> marketplace, idiot.

================================

HEY, MAN!

I dare not object to your issuing epithets such as "idiot" on this board, B-U-T when you dare refer to someone as being "ARROGANT," Buddy, you're treading on MY *%ck&#@ TURF! You're lucky that my scant ESL sensei's salary forbids my hiring a lawyer to sue your *ss!

Keep on truckin', Bro', and give 'em hell!
THE ARROGANT ONE

#2 Parent wow/bret/etc. - 2004-09-21
Re: Why a teacher who is making more money at home would quit his job and come to Asia?

did you even read what i wrote in that previous post? whatever, it's your detriment as much as ours.

posted as "non-white canadian":

"They come to Korea for change and if male, for women. But they don't have to be in Korea, get that through your arrogant head. Its a marketplace, idiot. They're paid some money to work in crappy conditions and experience a new culture. If it was only about money they wouldn't be there. But together, those factors (money, new experience, sometimes women) are enough to bring them out of their home countries. But they're not "bums" at home. Which is why they don't like to be treated like "bums" when they're in Korea."

> I suggest you try, "teaching esl in Asia is better than being
> unemployee/flipping burgers".

> J, exteacher

#3 Parent wow/brettonwoods/grim - 2004-09-21

"Jason" if you're an ex-teacher then that must mean they're hiring the mentally retarded. Your attempt to respond to a previous post reminding employers in Asia that they are not genuinely in a position to callously exploit foreign english teachers not only fails to address my point on that very issue but is not even proper english to begin with. What is "unemployee"? And how does repeating an initial claim that's already been rebutted constitute a counter-argument?

I think you are a language school employer and you have just proven that I was right. It seems that you are not even interested in a rational justification for your desire to exploit. It is that attitude that makes foreign teachers seriously lose respect for the Asian employers.

> J, exteacher

#4 Parent The Arrogant One - 2004-09-20

> Perhaps in much the same way you have trouble spelling pedagogue?

==================

You got me, Boy!

SLIP OF THE FINGER.....A MERE SLIP OF THE FINGER......

#5 Parent JackB - 2004-09-20

> ===============================================

> Dear Jason,

> What you say is QUITE true ... only, you forgot to add that it pays
> to first know SOMETHING about the English language before making an
> attempt to earn money (no matter how little!) in the rle of
> padagogue. From what I've observed, far too many English
> "teachers" in Asia -- particulary in China and Korea --
> have trouble even spelling the word HUMBUGGER ... err, sorry ...
> HAMBURGER!

> Happy flipping to all you more veracious critters!

Perhaps in much the same way you have trouble spelling pedagogue?

#6 Parent The Arrogant One - 2004-09-20

> J, exteacher

===============================================

Dear Jason,

What you say is QUITE true ... only, you forgot to add that it pays to first know SOMETHING about the English language before making an attempt to earn money (no matter how little!) in the rle of padagogue. From what I've observed, far too many English "teachers" in Asia -- particulary in China and Korea -- have trouble even spelling the word HUMBUGGER ... err, sorry ... HAMBURGER!

Happy flipping to all you more veracious critters!

Jason - 2004-09-20
Why a teacher who is making more money at home would quit his job and come to Asia?

I suggest you try, "teaching esl in Asia is better than being unemployee/flipping burgers".

J, exteacher

Return to Index › Why a teacher who is making more money at home would quit his job and come to Asia?

Go to another board -