TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › LINYI NORMAL UNIVERSITY???
#1 Parent Paul Weiss - 2011-01-05
Re: Linyi Normal University

I would like to very respectfully answer this poster's remarks.

I have never been employed by this university. I have had several colleagues there and have dealt with this university in other ways.

First, from my colleagues : the housing apparently is dreadful, just dreadful. There is no other way around it. All three of my colleagues have described it as dreadful -- the equivalent if it nor worse than a 2-star small-town Chinese hotel of not a stellar quality. The university pays on time apparently and overtime is available. The visa situation is a nightmare, truly -- some FT's have Z visas, some have F visas, others work on L visas. The university hires anyone and everyone and the meaning of native speaker is taken very, very lightly. One can access the university's list of FT's on the Internet just to see how "lightly" it is taken. FT's schedules are meaningless and they change from minute-to-minute, hour-to-hour. It would be inappropriate of me here to share the horror stories that my colleagues have related to me of out-of-control FT's since the university generally needs to hire what it can find.

Finally, re the above poster, if he has been there for several years, why is his name not on the list of FT's made available on the Internet?

A big warning to all here, or at least a great deal of caution.

#2 Parent Gareth Mostert - 2007-11-22
Re: Linyi Normal University

er...

Well, this is in response to all e-mails, FAQ's and anything you are wanting to know about LinYi Normal University.

To those that said that this is a Foreign Teacher's nightmare, you are wrong. And for the teacher that says the University went back on it's obligations to you well, take that up with the University, and if they do not do what you want then well, you can quit, no-one is stopping you but you are lying.

I have been a teacher at the University for a long time now and I think that I have never had a better teaching postion at a University or College that handles and treats it's teachers this well.

For any teacher that wants to ask e-mail me and I will see what I can do.

If you are looking to work here I will then forward your e-mail to the Dean of Foreign Affairs and he will then contact you.

#3 Parent David - 2005-01-10
Linyi University

Dear Sir,
Please email LATIE License in Canada to report this bad University.Finally this must stop using good teachers.Thank you.

Sincerely,
David.
ps. I have emailed Tesol international Texas US.

#4 Parent M. S. Lary - 2005-01-10
Linyi University

Doug or anyone else,

I would appreciate any more info. about Linyi University from those who are/have been employed there. I have been considering an offer from there myself.
Any one else willing to give specifics?????

Thanks!

M. S. Lary

#5 Parent concerned EFL teacher - 2004-11-30
Linyi Normal University

DONT GO THERE
I TEACH THERE NOW AND ALL THE FOREIGN TEACHERS AND I WANT TO LEAVE SO MY SUGGESTION TO YOU iS AVOID THIS PLACE. THEY BREAK THE CONTRACT AND THEY ARE IMPOSING THINGS ON US WE DID NOT AGREE ON. I AM LEAVING BEFORE THE CONTRACT END DATE!!!!

Doug Curtis - 2004-08-27
LINYI NORMAL UNIVERSITY???

I WAS RECENTLY OFFERED A POSITION AT LINYI NORMAL UNIVERSITY AND I WAS HOPING THAT SOMEONE HAS HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT THE PLACE. I CHECKED IT OUT ON THE NET AND READ UP ON THEIR SITE BUT I WANT TO FIND SOME ACTUAL FEEDBACK FORM PAST TEACHERS OR OTHERS WHO HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT.
ANYONE>???

Return to Index › LINYI NORMAL UNIVERSITY???

Go to another board -