TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Did I invite a rude response??
Chinasyndrome - 2004-08-20

> Hey, if you don't like it don't come here. No one is forcing you.

I didn't just "come here", I was recruited to come here with a pre-paid ticket, a signed contract and work visa already in hand, that's a big difference little buck-a-roo.

> Lots of foreigners don't just come for the money you know. The
> experience is all part of it. Many DON'T have lots of bills to pay
> back 'home'. I don't.

Lots of "foreigners", as you put it, are 20 somethings fresh from a university, eager to open their new-born eyes and still living on daddy's stipends. THAT'S why a guy like you doesn't HAVE any bills to pay, you haven't DONE anything yet! It's also one of the primary reasons the education system here is so fouled up, they hire kids to teach kids, NOT professional, experienced and INFORMED* teachers!

> You must be talking about a different average to the people I know.
> All the teacher's in my school can find clothes no problem. Of
> course, if you are a big fatso, well maybe.

Maybe ALL the teachers in your school are dwarfs too. Myself I am 6 feet, 230lbs and yes I am big. It comes from lugging 200lbs of gear around as a firefighter for 5 years. When you get a little older, maybe you too will develope some muscles.

> There are plenty of cheap places to buy local food. And have you
> heard of COOKING??

Yes, there are plenty of cheap places to eat in MY country too. And have YOU ever heard of botulinus or hepatitus? (That's why I don't eat in cheap places, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE!) And who made it a law you have to eat only Chinese made food? My dietary habits are different, just like all the "foreigners" in MY country that refuse to eat local food, but opt for the more expensive IMPORTED food!

> What newspaper are you buying for 23RMB??? You can get the China
> Daily or 21st Century for 1 or 2RMB. Plus there is this little thing
> called the internet. You may have heard of it.

*This one is WAY too easy junior. You've convinced me, I'll stop buying a REAL newspaper and start ready the China Daily, maybe The National Inquirer or some edition published by Rupert Murdoch! And why? Because I want to be as informed as you!
And yes you sarcastic little snot, I HAVE heard of the internet! Have YOU ever heard of time management and traveling to and from work on a commuter train?!

> Are you from America? You sound like one of these moaning yanks* who
> come over here then complain that this place is all different from
> the US. Of course it is, it is CHINA!

A moaning Yank? YOU sound like one of those Brits that suffers from "Lost Empire Syndrome". I have listened to and read comments by people of ALL nationalities complain about many aspects of living and working with-in the Chinese culture and system.

> * I don't mean to say that all Americans are like this, so please
> don't jump on me for this statement. I have met some guys from the US
> who are great. However, it does SEEM that the people who have
> problems over here are mostly Americans. Sorry if I have tarred
> someone with one brush here. :-O :-)

The reason it SEEMS that way is because WE have a population of nearly 300.000.000 and OUR accent is far easier for Chinese people to listen to and understand. So we "Yanks" are recruited FAR more. THAT is why there seems to be SOOOO many whiners here!

Messages In This Thread
Chinese schools/recruiters: READ THIS!! -- Chinasyndrome -- 2004-08-19
Re: Chinese schools/recruiters: READ THIS!! -- Ellis E. Seamone -- 2004-08-19
Re: Chinese schools/recruiters: READ THIS!! -- DoS -- 2004-08-19
Did I invite a rude response?? -- Chinasyndrome -- 2004-08-20
HUH??? Americans are preferred??? Are you sure you are in China? -- 30yr old teacher in China -- 2004-08-21
American bashing is in vogue darling!.. -- Chinasyndrome -- 2004-08-22
Who's bashing?...just stating the facts I hear from students here -- 30 year old teacher -- 2004-08-22
Re: Did I invite a rude response?? -- DoS -- 2004-08-20
You MUST be a hit with the ladies! -- Chinasyndrome -- 2004-08-21
Re: You MUST be a hit with the ladies! -- DoS -- 2004-08-21
You' re funny, I like you! -- Chinasyndrome -- 2004-08-22
Sigh. -- DoS -- 2004-08-23
Re: Chinese schools/recruiters: READ THIS!! -- Muddlehead -- 2004-08-19
David Bain -- Worldwide Education Services -- 2004-08-19
Re: David Bain -- Chinasyndrome -- 2004-08-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Did I invite a rude response??

Go to another board -