TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Is this on the level?
Chris G - 2004-08-13

I have read a lot of messages from people who have been burned by a scammer lately. I am writing to post an email to see if these guys are on the level. I think there may be something fishy because he sounds a bit like the guy you have been talking about:

"Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to read over the contract and verification of acceptance. An early September start date appears reasonable.

Further instructions for processing are --

Please sign the contract and return to the address below. We will need the signed contract, your University diploma ( either the original or a properly certified copy - originals avoid many recurring complications with issuance of work visas - FYI - but up to you - as we are aware that many applicants have problems in sending their originals) and other qualifying certificates, copy of passport, printed copy of CV ( resume ) and 4 passport size colour photos. It is important that this is taken care of and sent via courier and verified to us - ASAP or your position may be given to another applicant.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter -- Japan Placements

Mailing Address --

Japan Placements
MAP Pro Services - PMB No 129
7/1 Boromrajchonnanee Rd,
Bangkoknoi, Bangkok
10700 Thailand

Sincerely, David Bain - Placement Coordinator - Japan Placements"

Is this guy legit or a scammer? I'm a bit worried about what I may be getting myself into. Thanks!

Chris G.

Messages In This Thread
Is this on the level? -- Chris G -- 2004-08-13
Re: Is this on the level? -- Pro sensei Tokyo -- 2004-09-23
warning: David Bain IS PAUL ADLER -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-14
Re: warning: David Bain IS PAUL ADLER -- Chris G. -- 2004-08-15
Re: warning: David Bain IS PAUL ADLER -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-17
David Bain -- Worldwide Education Services -- 2004-08-14
Re: Is this on the level? -- Mike B -- 2004-08-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Is this on the level?

Go to another board -