TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Learning from our mistakes
dee - 2004-08-13
In response to Learning from our mistakes (Mike B)

I agree youdid the right thing, learned from a mistake. I hope new teachers read these messages so they know what to beware of. I will be sure to clearly state what our school offers when looking for new teachers. (My school always pays overtime in the summer & often gives us bonuses for working hard)

There are so many teachers needed now in China, its sad that many will be discouraged because of the horror stories. If any new grads are reading, please believe there are some GREAT teaching jobs available now in China. They are not all crooks. Read contracts, re-read emails, reply often, ask lots of questions, & finally trust your gut and go with the school that answers all your questions.

IN RESPONSE TO:

> Too many people go overseas, get themselves into trouble then just

> run away. And I'm not only talking about work contracts here, LOL.

For the new "teachers" that are coming to China to escape whatever in your own country, please don't waste the time of the good serious schools that need teachers to teach...not just oogle the young girls, or want to play, or sleep in bed all day.

Im so tired of dealing with teachers who come to a good, honest, trustworthy school, are treated very well & then still whine because they actually have to do work here. It's too bad that all the losers don't get stuck with these loser schools. That would be justice.

Take Care & Happy Teaching to the real teachers out there.

Messages In This Thread
Summer can seem like slavery -- OurManInHubei -- 2004-08-06
Contracts. -- DoS -- 2004-08-08
Learning from our mistakes -- Mike B -- 2004-08-06
Re: Learning from our mistakes -- dee -- 2004-08-13
Re: Learning from our mistakes -- Ellis E. Seamone -- 2004-08-13
Re: Learning from our mistakes -- dee -- 2004-08-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Learning from our mistakes

Go to another board -