TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Sorry guys but this is where I get off this crazy merry-go-round
#1 Parent Ellis E. Seamone - 2004-08-07
MR. XI and Paul's Farewell

> Just think for a second if a Chinese hired to teach Chinese in your
> country was telling students about communism.
> People are respectable only as they respect.

> Good bye,

> XI

===========================================================================

Mr. Yi ... my dear YOU,

Please be advised that students here in the USA -- Americans and foreign students alike (EVEN THE CHINESE!) -- share a similar interest in the ofttimes vast differences between cultures. After all, this IS an integral part of ANY student's education and awareness, is it not? It does NOT mean the objective of such lessons is that one ADOPT any new or lost cause! CRIMINY, XI! The people on this board MUST cease their abominable anti-educational nitpicking activities. NO ONE whom I've ever known accepted any ESL position in the PRC for the purpose of converting the masses to Christianity or any other unpopular movement. Uggh! Even I find THAT repulsive whenever I run across it right here in the USA! What you're probably trying to critique is the sad number of unqualified "teachers" who wind up in China. With this point, I wholeheartedly concur, H-O-W-E-V-E-R, as I have attempted to cite in previous posts, that particular mortification cannot be TOTALLY attributed to the fault of the applicant. The reality is that THE EMPLOYER has failed to check up on the teacher prior to offering a position. After all, it DOES take two to "tango" (albeit, I'm not exactly built for same!). C'MON, GUYS ... let's be honest about it: you've been grousing mainly about the QUALITY of teacher, not his/her personal (religious) beliefs!

Love to all,
Ellis

P.S. - You should see me CHA-CHA!

#2 Parent xi - 2004-08-07
Re: Sorry guys but this is where I get off this crazy merry-go-round

> Dear One and All,

> Sorry Guys but this is where I get off this crazy merry-go-round and
> mud slinging match.

> No regrets.

> I will expend my energy elsewhere and I may bear more fruit on other
> sites and a new readers.

> Paul

It's amazing. Someone asked, if you were trying to insert religion in China, and you are saying good bye without answering the question. Just think for a second if a Chinese hired to teach Chinese in your country was telling students about communism.
People are respectable only as they respect.

Good bye,

XI

Return to Index › Re: Sorry guys but this is where I get off this crazy merry-go-round

Go to another board -