TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › looking for a good esl school central america
#1 Parent Mike B - 2004-08-02
Re: looking for a good esl school central america

I'm afraid you are not likely to find what you're after. While there are some cheapish courses available, the certificate you get is unlikely to be recognized by anyone except the people who issued it.

A CELTA is the most recognized qualification but this is never cheap. There are a couple of places in Mexico that run these courses, I know Mexico isn't Central America but it's close. They aren't cheap and you work like a slave during the course, so not much time for enjoying your surroundings, but most people who do this course find it very useful.

There is a bit of discussion and feedback about some of these courses on Dave's Job discussion forum in the Mexico forum (MODS: Are we allowed to mention other forums here?)

Another thing to keep in mind is that for many schools it looks way better if your English teaching certificate was issued in an English speaking country.

Sorry if this is not very helpful,

Mike B

Dominic - 2004-08-01
looking for a good esl school central america

Hey guys,

I would like to do a 4 week intensive ESL certificate program somewhere in Central America. I am looking for a quality school, in a great city/town, and hopefully one that is cheap! Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Much appreciated. Suerte.

Dominic

Return to Index › looking for a good esl school central america

Go to another board -