TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › 65% of English teachers working (with working visas/E2) in S. Korea are Canadians$$$$$
#1 Parent JackB - 2004-08-07
Re: 65% of English teachers working (with working visas/E2) in S. Korea are Canadians$$$$$

> Any Canadian english teacher in this forum?

> This recruiter get pay from 20% to 50% more for recruiting a Canadian
> teacher_no offense to US, UK, AU, NZ citizens.
> Just a BUSINESS$$$$$
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm, that's fair. After all, Canadians
speak the best English in the world.

#2 Parent Chunping Alex Wu - 2004-07-27
Re: 65% of English teachers working (with working visas/E2) in S. Korea are Canadians$$$$$

> Yes I am Canadian in Korea.

Hi, Why there are more Canadians and Aussies in Korea? Because the Canadians and Aussies are all peace-loving people. Because the Koreans understand well that people from those countries are less arrogant than the rich Americans. I, myself, do feel like that. Once on a Pullman train, I met an American lady, an assistant secretary's wife. She asked me for my impression of the Americans I met. After thinking and phrasing for a while, I told her: "The Americans I met in the States are 99% friendly, whereas the ones I met in China(Taiwan) were about 1% friendly." Ever since then, she never writes me again. As a matter of fact, there were four Americans assigned working with me. They treated me very well with respect, but whenever they were with my bosses, they became arrogant with contempt.
Alex

#3 Parent David - 2004-06-19

no wonder you are trolling on esl boards rather than trying to participate in your own society. Won't they have you either?

> I believe that. Canada's social structure and economy are broken.
> Canadians are also willing to work for less and under sub-par
> conditions. Koreans take advantage of them.

#4 Parent Tim - 2004-06-15

Hi Al, I'm Canadian -- I'm starting to preview jobs now already for Jan. 1st next year. Let me know if you have anything for around then. Give me your website anyways and I'll keep you in mind when I'm looking. All the best.

#5 Parent Mp - 2004-06-15

you're a sad person.

#6 Parent Mike B - 2004-06-14

Charlie wrote: "I believe that. Canada's social structure and economy are broken. Canadians are also willing to work for less and under sub-par conditions. Koreans take advantage of them."

Mike B - no relation to Mike or Boots43 Michael- answers:

Where I lives social structure and economy is far more broken than Canada's. I am also willing to work for less than many people, although more than I make here. If I accept sub-par conditions then I have no right to complain about them, if I am happy with my conditions then they are not sub-par for me.

It can be a win-win situation, the Koreans can make the most of my abilities and I can make the most of their comparative financial strength.

The wonders of modern economics, a transaction that is beneficial to both parties.

#7 Parent Aaron - 2004-06-14

Willing to take more in stride, perhaps. They put up with cold, right? ;-) But Canada being "broken"? Maybe this was a troll, because it's ridiculous. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and have obviously never been there. (Or are you Rush Limbaugh?)

I think it's cultural. I always find tons of Aussies and Canadians abroad, definitely disproportionate to their populations ... anyone who's travelled in Europe finds Aussies working EVERYWHERE! Maybe it's a small(er) country thing, a desire to learn more about the world?

#8 Parent John - Toronto - 2004-06-14

Many of us are convinced that we are right and the world is wrong. The loser's point of view focuses on the negative in all things.

Get out and enjoy!!

John

#9 Parent boots43 - 2004-06-14

amen

#10 Parent Canada #1 - 2004-06-14

Charlie. Throughout our life, we develop many patterns and habits. Some of them become so ingrained in our daily lives that we may not know that they even exist.

Get Up and Dance. Teach English in China. Challenge yourself and enjoy. Don't try to change everything at once, start small. Whatever you find, it certainly should broaden your awareness.

You may even find a pretty young Chinese wife.

Do you get the idea?

#11 Parent ED - 2004-06-13

Charlie

Are you an English teacher? and
Have you been outside your home country?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

ED

#12 Parent Paul - 2004-06-13

Charlie sounds like an angry, bitter, jealous man.

Relax man.

#13 Parent Charlie - 2004-06-13

I believe that. Canada's social structure and economy are broken. Canadians are also willing to work for less and under sub-par conditions. Koreans take advantage of them.

#14 Parent Mike - 2004-06-13

Yes I am Canadian in Korea.

Al - 2004-06-13
65% of English teachers working (with working visas/E2) in S. Korea are Canadians$$$$$

Any Canadian english teacher in this forum?

This recruiter get pay from 20% to 50% more for recruiting a Canadian teacher_no offense to US, UK, AU, NZ citizens.
Just a BUSINESS$$$$$

Return to Index › 65% of English teachers working (with working visas/E2) in S. Korea are Canadians$$$$$

Go to another board -