TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: information of teaching in korea
Mike B - 2004-07-05
In response to information of teaching in korea (nic)

> if anyone needs info about teaching in korea, always my pleasure to
> help.

> nic

Hi there nic,

I have been trying to find out as much as possible about Korea, I plan to be there in about 6 weeks. What I think so far:

Korea is full of newbie teachers who complain a lot. There are many experienced teachers who don't complain. (and some who do). There are good schools and bosses, there are bad schools and bosses. If a new teacher thinks things are going to be like "back home" he/she is very much mistaken.

My plan, once I have a boss, is to treat my boss with respect, it's he or she who has made the investment in a school that gives me the opportunity to work there. Accept that the school is a business and not a charitable organization for the benefit of foreign teachers. While doing the above, make it clear that I am also a business asset and as such deserve a fair deal.

All this while learning to speak Korean.

I welcome any suggestions or opinions from nic or anyone else with firsthand experience of Korea.

Messages In This Thread
information of teaching in korea -- nic -- 2004-07-05
Re: information of teaching in korea -- mahal -- 2004-07-13
Re: information of teaching in korea -- Mike B -- 2004-07-05
Re: information of teaching in korea -- nic -- 2004-07-06
Re: information of teaching in korea -- Kim -- 2004-07-06
Re: information of teaching in korea -- Mike B -- 2004-07-09
Re: information of teaching in korea -- boots43 -- 2004-07-09
Re: information of teaching in korea -- boots43 -- 2004-07-05
Re: information of teaching in korea -- Chunping Alex Wu -- 2004-07-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: information of teaching in korea

Go to another board -