TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Farewell
Woodbine Willie - 2018-04-23
In response to Farewell (Turnoi)

I retired from a very active working life in June 2015. From then till today, I have continued to counsel, help and supervise current students and their research projects who had not finished their work at the point of time when I retired. My last graduate student just submitted his 742 pp. doctoral dissertation on Dhimal language and culture which is currently under review by myself as the main supervisor and a co-supervisor who is one of our former Master degree graduates and an Associate Professor at a US State University and a PhD holder today.

I have closed down the school now; it will be continued in different form and under different leadership in the 8 nations where we were represented.

There are exacltly 101 different publications, including textbooks and various research monographies, that are listed in the German National Library to my credit.

I feel it’s a good life, and I am grateful for having been given the chance to contribute a little in international education and and empower people to make a difference to their own lives and that of others. Good education, free of charge for everybody, truly is the first step to making this world a little bit better.

Well, the very best to you in your confirmed retirement, but I hope it's not ominous like the ravens leaving The Tower of London. I would suggest that at not yet 70, it's time to move on to something different, rather than retire as such. You've done well.

In Christian Love, WW.

Messages In This Thread
Farewell -- Turnoi -- 2018-04-22
Re Farewell -- Silverboy -- 2018-05-13
Re Farewell -- Woodbine Willie -- 2018-04-23
Re Farewell -- Yanni+Z+Zack -- 2018-04-23
Re Farewell -- Turnoi -- 2018-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Farewell

Go to another board -