TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Article: Man accused of taking thumb from 2,000-year-old terra-cotta warrior
Analyzer - 2018-03-29

Yes, in a way. The truth is if you felt humiliated before because of the lack of privileges other people had while you were looked down upon by others, you tend to do the same after rising up in the socio-economical hierarchy of society. In other words, you imitate the behavior patterns of those having looked down on you before after acquiring a similar position. It's an experience I had with some of my former students with a very humble family background and after they were successful in their career unfortunately displayed these less desirable patterns of behavior.

My own conclusion therefore is: Personal success in life is not a bad thing, but it may be harmful if it is acquired without the necessary self-critical social reflection.

we all really are the same in many ways but
don't want to admit it. in states for such a behavior, this guy could face criminal
charges which he may get here in china as well.
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Article: Man accused of taking thumb from 2,000-year-old terra-cotta warrior

Go to another board -