TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Bg Cheating in China
#1 Parent Beer Party - 2018-03-29
Re Bg Cheating in China

Caring, the OP is telling us about his passion for beer. Very important for the world to know, especially on a teachers board,lol.

#2 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29
Re Bg Cheating in China

Don't thing anybody was being dishonest, Caring. What made you think that?

#3 Parent caring - 2018-03-29
Re Bg Cheating in China

What's certain is that dishonesty is quite common everywhere; forums aren't exceptional. What's the OP's gist?

That's not a bad price for 70 of the large bottles. I noticed that like chocolate boxes in UK have shrunk the bottle size had mostly been cut to 580ml for tsingtao and similar. I don't think you'll get a better price in Northern China- and the tins will be prohibitive. Do you buy the beer in any particular shop? Walmart maybe-they do the large bottle. No you certainly buy your beer cheaply-you won't find an FT buying cheaper beer, that's for sure.
#4 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29
Re Bg Cheating in China

220 Yuan in China can buy a lot. For example, I can buy around 70 large 600 ml bottles of average quality Chinese beer with 220 Yuan. But 2 Quid in the UK is nothing when you go to the shops.

That's not a bad price for 70 of the large bottles. I noticed that like chocolate boxes in UK have shrunk the bottle size had mostly been cut to 580ml for tsingtao and similar. I don't think you'll get a better price in Northern China- and the tins will be prohibitive. Do you buy the beer in any particular shop? Walmart maybe-they do the large bottle. No you certainly buy your beer cheaply-you won't find an FT buying cheaper beer, that's for sure.

FFS - 2018-03-29
Bg Cheating in China

I'm in northern China. I had bought a box of 20 Xmas cards to send to various friends and relatives back home in the UK. Earlier today at a branch of the Chinese Post Office, I was told that the post office no longer processes enveloped material unless it is sent by EMS!

Previously, an ordinary letter sent non-EMS to the UK from my location cost around 7 Yuan. But by EMS the same wieght of letter will cost 220 Yuan from here. Of course, in the light of this great hike in postage costs I have decided to stop posting letters and cards, such as birthday cards to my friends and relatives in the West from China. For F_ _ _'s Sake!

I think it's likely that the Chinese Post Office has also stopped processing mail from abroad to China if it is not sent by EMS. Last time I received an EMS delivery from the UK, the franked postage for it was around 2 Quid!

220 Yuan in China can buy a lot. For example, I can buy around 70 large 600 ml bottles of average quality Chinese beer with 220 Yuan. But 2 Quid in the UK is nothing when you go to the shops.

Happy Xmas to y'all in advance from a thrifty ex-foreign teacher!

Return to Index › Bg Cheating in China

Go to another board -