TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Going down, down, down
#1 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Going down, down, down

You speak so much shit. Probably one of the most ignorant naive and useless individuals ever to post on here.

#2 Parent Not Trump himself - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Trump’s name is coming off his SoHo hotel as politics weigh on president’s brand

It is my personal contempt for Trump, and it is for fun.. :D

I LOVE THIS!!!

#3 Parent Arthur - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Trump’s name is coming off his SoHo hotel as politics weigh on president’s brand

I LOVE THIS!!!
this is a virtual thing, a cartoon of course, I don't support physical violence. but special counsel robert mueller should be able to do something like that soon to the u.s. presidency.
but a word of warning: this administration is so full of shit that when vice president pence replaces trump, it's going to be worse because he is a focused conservative (while trump is clowning all over the place like a chicken without head). and the third in line is paul ryan, another conservative. So, the only event that can save the country from the acute moral decay of the last year is a democrat majority in the senate and in the house next november at the mid term elections. we are working hard on it. it will happen.

#4 Parent Not Trump hinself - 2018-03-29
Re Trump’s name is coming off his SoHo hotel as politics weigh on president’s brand

Will this be his fate?
O Lord, make it happen! Amen....LOOOl

#5 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29

Health care is a public and free service in the UK. I was not particularly impressed when I had to use it once.
Mediocre quality. I'd prefer other systems that exist on the continent.

Probably a lot in what you say. My observation is that the NHS is snowed under by foreigners at the moment. And it's getting worse all the time, you get coach-loads of doddery old farts from Eastern Europe who come here for the palliative care(come to die)- followed by coach-loads of pregnant women clutching information on child support. The British NHS might be tatty around the edges but remains the health service of choice for Johnny Foreigner.

#6 Parent Danish Coffee - 2018-03-29

Health care is a public and free service in the UK. I was not particularly impressed when I had to use it once.
Mediocre quality. I'd prefer other systems that exist on the continent.

#7 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Going down, down, down

But do you feel it's getting worse now with the exodus of doctors and nurses caused by brexit?

Could be, and a lot of things may get worse because of Brexit. But you are talking about saving a country now for the future and any hardships are to be expected and will be worth us going through.

#8 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

I would draw lines in between Trump and Putin for they are two very different people. The American president doesn't know what his nation is about while Putin does. You can call me out on this but Donald often acts on his own behalf or because of his emotional character which is most certainly not the same with Vlad who makes decisions to support his nation's interests. The current Chief Commander in the White House is an erratic businessman, but the Kremlin commrad is a well focused politician. Anyhow, Trump's gone down a few times as he's bankcrupt before; yet he's cheated his way out. That's what the US is, I guess, about.

#9 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29

But do you feel it's getting worse now with the exodus of doctors and nurses caused by brexit?

#10 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29

Hi
You imply that medical care is good in England. Was just reading the article below. Do you feel a difference since the Brexit referendum? Do you feel the staffing shortages? Or is it just a newspaper article?

My mistake, I didn't mean to imply that. Yes, we have been swapping well-trained doctors for foreign ones for years- and so on.

#11 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29
Trump’s name is coming off his SoHo hotel as politics weigh on president’s brand

Wonderful!!!! It's slowly happening guys. The clown is slowly falling apart. Keep resisting!!!!!!

President Trump’s company has agreed to remove the Trump name from its hotel in Lower Manhattan and give up management of the property, the most visible sign yet of the toll his presidency has taken on his brand.

The decision, announced by the company Wednesday afternoon, follows signs that business has flagged for months at Trump SoHo, beginning during his polarizing campaign last year.

The hotel’s sushi restaurant closed. Professional sports teams, once reliable customers, began to shun the property. The hotel struggled to attract business for its meeting rooms and banquet halls, according to reporting by radio station WNYC.

Trump SoHo has emerged as one of the clearest examples of how Trump’s divisive politics have redefined his luxury hotel and real estate company, which spent years courting upscale customers in liberal urban centers where he is now deeply unpopular.

This will be the third time since Trump’s election that his name has been removed from a building. In July, the Trump name was taken off the Trump International Hotel in Toronto after the property’s owner reached a similar buyout deal. And last year, the owners of three Trump Place apartment buildings in New York announced that those properties would be renamed after tenant complaints.
#12 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29

Hi
You imply that medical care is good in England. Was just reading the article below. Do you feel a difference since the Brexit referendum? Do you feel the staffing shortages? Or is it just a newspaper article?

Long before Brexit, the N.H.S. suffered from chronic staffing shortages, and today the country has 40,000 nursing vacancies. But recruiting nurses from the European Union had helped plug the gap — especially in London, where the share of nurses from the Continent is about 14 percent, or twice the national average. King’s College Hospital, the massive institution where Ms. Pardela works, is short of 528 nurses and midwives, and 318 doctors.

This uncertainty is one reason that some European health care professionals are either leaving, or thinking about leaving. In the year following the referendum, almost 10,000 quit the N.H.S. The number of nurses from other European Union countries registering to practice in Britain has dropped by almost 90 percent.

During the Brexit campaign, an argument about the N.H.S. helped tip a tight vote. Brexit advocates said leaving the European Union would allow the government to repatriate 350 million pounds a week from Brussels — about $463 million at current exchange rates — and spend it on health care. It was a powerful promise, plastered in bold across the side of a campaign bus — but it was false: Britain pays only about £166 million a week net into the European budget and there was little chance that even a lesser amount would go solely to the N.H.S.

Brexit is forcing a stark reassessment in every department. In the emergency room, Cyril Noël, a French doctor, is wrestling with how a country he loved rejected him. He describes the grieving process as the Five Stages of Brexit. In critical care, Georg Auzinger, an Austrian physician, has built a world-class facility but now worries about finding enough doctors and nurses.
#13 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29

I feel like you.
Totally.

Like who?! Fifi? Hahaha!

#14 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Taffy, you really ran 10 miles?
I know you are all, and 10 miles for your long legs is like 15 miles for me. I am impressed.
You would not lie about something like that, right?

I didn't know 26 beats per minute was possible unless you are on your way to become a flat liner.

#15 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29

Although I cannot do much about Trump, I can refuse to enter the USA as a symbolic act - for as long as he is in power.

Aren't you American? I feel the same about Britain but it has got the NHS. I get stronger by the minute; it's the first time today since my return that I have run ten miles non-stop. What about this chap then!

Pensioner, 81, records 'world's slowest ever heart beat' at 26 bpm - lower than Olympians Bradley Wiggins and Mo Farah

Daniel Green has an average resting heart rate of 36 beats per minute

During tests, his heart rate dipped as low as 26 beats per minute

The current Guinness World Record is 27 beats per minute

The average adult male heart beats at 72 beats per minute

Having a low heart rate is usually a sign of fitness and an efficient heart

But, it can be a sign of a problem with the heart's electrical system

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2629213/Pensioner-81-records-worlds-slowest-heart-beat-resting-heart-rate-lower-elite-athletes-elephants.html#ixzz4zBqJvlOs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

#16 Parent Latina in LA - 2018-03-29

I feel like you.
Totally.

#17 Parent Danish Coffee - 2018-03-29

Well, Trump is already poor in brain. Seems to be his biggest problem.
Just bought a brandnew laptop for around 900 Euros a couple of days ago; it works much faster than the other ones I had before. I bet Trump doesn't even know the difference between a higher class notebook and a less expensive one. I intend to fly to Haiti over Christmas and New Year. Booking the flight seems to be a bit difficult since all flights from Europe go via the USA. I refuse to set my feet on US soil this time just for a connecting flight to Port-au-Prince in Haiti because of this idiot. I will take an Air France flight (it's a bit more expensive; money doesn't really matter) that helps me avoid the USA this time just for a connecting flight.
Although I cannot do much about Trump, I can refuse to enter the USA as a symbolic act - for as long as he is in power.

#18 Parent Skid Row - 2018-03-29

Wishful thinking? Has he flogged his plane to the cunninglinguist restaurant and coffee house chain yet- and his watch to SB? no he hasn't and he still insists on expensive Rolls Royce engines for that aeroplane!

Well if Trump did do a deal with that limey poster cunninglinguist he wouldn't have got a free coffee to seal the deal, that blokes as mean as they come. Years ago there was lots of bad feeling on the forum because CL was leaving his cushy uni job to start up his chain and he wouldn't even give a couple of down and out FT's on this site any details of the university needing his replacement

#19 Parent Taffy - 2018-03-29

He is getting poorer and poorer (it's probably why he ran for president) (and why he does not want to release his tax returns).

Whatever is the case, we now know that, in the age of the internet, bull shit gets exposed and the majority of people finally see the frauds for what they are. Of course, we need freedom of the press for that to happen, because in Russia for example, people believe Putin's bull shit.

So, People of the Resistance, keep writing. Wherever you can. It all adds up!

Wishful thinking? Has he flogged his plane to the cunninglinguist restaurant and coffee house chain yet- and his watch to SB? no he hasn't and he still insists on expensive Rolls Royce engines for that aeroplane!

Curious - 2018-03-29
Going down, down, down

He is getting poorer and poorer (it's probably why he ran for president) (and why he does not want to release his tax returns).

Whatever is the case, we now know that, in the age of the internet, bull shit gets exposed and the majority of people finally see the frauds for what they are. Of course, we need freedom of the press for that to happen, because in Russia for example, people believe Putin's bull shit.

So, People of the Resistance, keep writing. Wherever you can. It all adds up!

In 2016 the Trump Organization reported nearly $9.5 billion in revenues. But recent public filings by the president indicate that the company actually earned only as much as $700 million that year, Crain’s said.

Crain’s determined that Trump has been reporting inflated revenue since at least 2010. After examining the latest figures Trump has filed, Crain’s this month bounced the Trump Organization from the No. 3 spot on its list of largest privately held New York City companies down to No. 40.

Trump’s properties aren’t doing so well, even though it’s “halcyon days” for real estate developers, according to Crain’s. Not only are the Trump Organization’s plans to develop a Soho hotel in Manhattan dead in the water, but “prices are slumping for condos at Trump Tower and the Trump International Hotel and Tower,” Crain’s said.

The average price per square foot for condos at Trump Tower has fallen by 23 percent since 2015, The Wall Street Journal reported, while prices at other midtown developments have remained steady. At Trump’s International Hotel and Tower on Central Park, the average price per square foot is down 24 percent.

And revenue is are down on the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx, falling by more than $1.1 million in the past two years, to $5.7 million, Crain’s reported.

Trump also toppled on another list, down an astonishing 92 places (to No. 248), in Forbes’ rankings of richest men in America.

Return to Index › Going down, down, down

Go to another board -