TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › 77 Chinese nationals deported from Fiji by uniformed Chinese police in August
#1 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re: Re 77 Chinese nationals deported from Fiji by uniformed Chinese police in August

The subject of linguistics is not one that comes up on a regular basis in Pattaya, lol!

Therefore I don't really care one way or another.

I really don't care about Chomsky either as I have far more interesting topics to discuss.

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re: Re 77 Chinese nationals deported from Fiji by uniformed Chinese police in August

Not a bad little kid, it should do the job.

#3 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re 77 Chinese nationals deported from Fiji by uniformed Chinese police in August

It's weird that I am often asked to prove this or that when other people provide virtually no information about themselves.

I've provided plenty of personal information on here before including my real pics as recently as July and August.

So, no, I won't be telling you or anyone else where I graduated from.

It's time for cowards like you to step up to the plate.

#4 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Taffy, can't figure out what you do with the red tool.

#5 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

Turnoi: You are an old bitter narrow-minded wrinkled alcoholic repetitive handbag.

Steady on, Heretosay, old girl.

Got the ladder out today, the first time since I have been home. The gutters were full of earth with all manner of foliage. I needed to replace one straight connection which cost me a pound; and that's all it cost me. My Chinese wife knocked on doors for contributions that she pocketed. I'm a bit like royalty, I don't carry money but the wife does.

Here is a carpet laying tool kit for the budding carpet layer. First of all I need to replace all the architrave and skirting boards. In some other hovel I have the skirting is about two foot high moulded in plaster, which would be hard to replace. No carpet there though but bare boards and big mats.

#6 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

Turnoi: You are an old bitter narrow-minded wrinkled alcoholic repetitive handbag.

Fifi, you are an SB apologist. And, no, "Linguist" is not Turnoi.

#7 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

#8 Parent Linguist - 2018-03-29
Re 77 Chinese nationals deported from Fiji by uniformed Chinese police in August

lol...Seems you are a bit angry because I dared asking you where you graduated from. You refused to answer this question. Why if you had a legitimate degree in that area?

I will be fair and ask you another very simple question: Can you name at least four common branches of Applied Linguistics and explain their objectives in your own words?

You know, all your PhD's and other accolades you may have bestowed upon yourself.
#9 Parent Linguist - 2018-03-29

So, with your degree in Applied Linguistics, you should be able to answer that question a bit more in depth. Has there ever been any relevance of Chomsky's work in the areas of Applied Linguistics, and if so, which areas were these? You should look at a work called "Language in the Inner City" by Labov, just to give you a little "hint",lol.

Whether it was in Applied Linguistics or not is irrelevant.
#10 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Chomsky was well know in the field of linguistics. Whether it was in Applied Linguistics or not is irrelevant.

When many people think about linguistics they think of Chomsky whether you like it or not.

All I've ever mostly said about him is that his works appear to be very old fashioned and out of date nowadays.

The fact is that nobody on here can really claim to have any degree unless they display it ( including the transcripts ) I don't expect anyone to do that.

Your criticism of others English is indeed a laugh considering your own is crap and always has been.

You are also unoriginal and rely on quotes from others.

As for Turnoi, I suspect he has one or two real degrees. As for the others, we can't be sure.

#11 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Thanks for the support Fifi. You know I am honest and a man of high moral values.

#12 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

As if I'm going to tell you what university I attended. I guarantee you that nobody on this site or others will do that.

I've never "parroted" anyone in regard to Chomsky's work. Many people have studied Chomsky's TGG model, and many would come to similar conclusions.

You think you are the only one who ever studied or followed Chomsky? Some people probably don't even know about his linguistics work, they would have only read his books and articles about US and world politics, Iraq war and so on.

Obviously people have criticized him over the years. Various academics will be challenged, disagreed with, and even be scoffed at and ridiculed at times.

#13 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

I am sure SB has a real degree, Turnoi.

Since English is, as you have said, your second language, you can be forgiven for not recognizing an absence of nuance within SB's posts that clearly reveals his lie of having a degree in Applied Linguistics. Moreover, Fifi, it is rather ironic that you should think "Linguist" to be Turnoi since it was Turnoi himself who no doubt prompted SB to claim he had such a degree. That SB should quickly name drop Chomsky to back up his claim was somewhat amusing, since Chomsky's work was not in applied linguistics, but more amusing was how SB, like a school boy to his pigtailed crush, asked you if you knew the IPA - as if that would validate his lie.

So far, I've not recognized any posts as Turnoi's. I may have missed a few suspects, but Turnoi's writing is quite unique and even refreshing, not just because he usually cuts through the BS but also because his style reflects the commitment he has shown over the years to improving his own English. I also doubt that he would take the time from his retirement and days of self improvement to involve himself with many of the threads that occur here.

So yes, SB's degree is real. Well, his degree in fashion, that is. He never went beyond that claim years ago. It was only as a response to an argument that he made that claim recently. Now he believes it to in some way validate his (edited).

#14 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I've hardly ever talked about linguistics on here before so I don't know where you get your strange ideas about me from.

Yes, I've talked about Chomsky in particular when I have discussed linguistics in the past. I posted at length about my opinions in regard to his work.

I've gotta say, more than a few people are of the opinion that you are a fake and a pretender. Not just on this site either.

You know, all your PhD's and other accolades you may have bestowed upon yourself.

#15 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yep, I'm sure it's three months. A lot of guys just extend their one month visa to two months however.

From what I've heard the prices for an extension have gone up recently.

Even married guys must report to the local police station every 3 months I think, does not worry me though, I have no intention of ever marrying a Pattaya girl.

#16 Parent Bobby - 2018-03-29

Interesting!

BTW, what's the longest tourist visa you can get for Thailand?

I'd guess it would last for 90 days and couldn't be extended within Thailand.

#17 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

I am sure SB has a real degree, Turnoi.

#18 Parent Linguist - 2018-03-29

Chomsky being a leftist doesn't make him a bad linguist. And I do like leftists as long as they follow democratic principles; I am one of those myself. Now, you are free to blame me for that,lol.

However, as a linguist Chomsky's Transformational-Generative grammar model has been outdated for long, and later generations of linguists found much to criticize with respect to his approach.

You should know that as someone with a degree in Applied Linguistics. Was this degree awarded to you by Cosmos University or a respectable uni in Aussieland? What was then that respectable uni in Aussieland? The reason for me asking this is that when it comes to Linguistics or related topics, you seem to act like a parrot that repeats everything others have said before. I cannot decide whether your degree in Linguistics is genuine or just a fake. But I can easily spot pretenders by asking them some questions on topics that I know quite well - as a linguist and otherwise.

You see, fake degree holders hardly have a chance when being challenged in their pretend subject area. This is your chance now to prove me wrong, haha.

#19 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Interesting. BTW, yesterday Queensland Police raided massage shops on the Gold Coast highway between Surfers Paradise and Palm Beach/Currumbin area ( there are heaps of them )

Several sex workers who are also illegal immigrants from China, Malaysia, Taiwan were arrested. They will face deportation from Australia.

Links to Chinese organized crime are under investigation. Prostitution is legal in Brisbane and GC, but only girls working solo out of houses and
apartments or in licensed brothels are permitted. Incalls to hotels and private properties are also legal.

Street walking and shopfronts providing sexual services are illegal however.

#20 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I am also a fan of fake diploma although my two degrees in fashion and Applied Linguistics are both real.

I'm no fan of Chomsky however. A crazy left-wing lunatic in my book!

#21 Parent Bobby - 2018-03-29
#22 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

No reply from SB so far! Intentional or not!

HELLS BELLS, Migsey! How come that in the good old days of LG and CL you couldn't find a rotten thing to say about SB but now you're always having a go at him? What happened in the interim? Just saying on, mate. Cheers and beers.

#23 Parent Bobby - 2018-03-29

Silverboy has finally manned up about working illegally in Chiense.

He deserves a lot of praise for doing so yesterday online, although rather belatedly.

I think he will be more respected now for having bitten the bullet at last in that regard.

Mind you, there are other embittered regular posters who have also committed the most despicable crime of having taught illegally in China who choose to keep it under their hats. Nancy boys to the last man, say I.

There's even an old former greasy sausage and deep-fried cod eater back home in SPLUTTERLAND who's been encouraging expats online to break visa rules in China, and RISK doing jail time there as a consequence! That chap is demented. Probably lives somewhere in Suffolk these days, I think he and his comparatively young Chinese-origin wifey are trying to flog bingzi there to make ends meat!

A FAN OF FAKE DIPLOMAS TOO, BTW!

#24 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yes, Fiji was shunned in 2000 I think after that idiot George Spate or whatever ever his name was overthrew the elected leader and declared himself the PM.
He then starting appointing his mates as tourism minister, trade minister whatever, Of course it was right for Australia to shun Fiji after that.

China is nothing but an aggressor nation in Asia and the Pacific. The Chinese are self-serving as you damn well know!

#25 Parent Bobby - 2018-03-29

Oz and NZ both shunned Fiji after a military coup there. China filled the gap.

Part 2 of the investigation, due to be aired on Sunday, will tell us more. I'm looking forward to it.

#26 Parent Bobby - 2018-03-29

I think Caring should do us all a favor by slinging his/her hook.

#27 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yep, I did work illegally once before, but it was in Guangdong, not Guangxi. I always had a legal visa in Nanning.

My point is I wanted to know why these Chinese were deported. For prostitution ( because it's illegal there ) or for a visa violation.

I don't really care if Chinese women work as prostitutes in Fiji or violate visa conditions there. The Fijian authorities must deal with that.

#28 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

No, I don't really care about Fiji or the Chinese living there. It could get wiped out by a tsunami tomorrow, I won't be shedding any tears!

All I know is that the brainless and useless Chinese police spend a lot of time harassing and beating up prostitutes when they should be
doing real police work.

Chengdu police in particular are extremely notorious for harassing, detaining, and torturing prostitutes.

Another snippet of information that GW's and sell-outs like you don't want to hear, LOL!

#29 Parent Bobby - 2018-03-29

Yep,

Fiji law criminalizes prostitution. U are one who won't overstep visa rules, so you say!

Fiji visa rules allow certain Chinese to enter visa-free. So, overstay is irrelevant. You're an Aussie idiot.

I know you have taught illegally in Guangxi of China. So [] what? Be a man and admit you have been a visa violator, like me.

Given the chance to screw the rules, do so without hesitation, my philosophy! Same applies to scewing women!

#30 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Bobby thanks for the news which Silver Booobbby has waited for anyway. This is gona make the forums so entertaining.

#31 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Interesting story, but wtf are the Chinese police doing in Fiji deporting Chinese nationals? That is the job of Fiji immigration and police.

And why should these people be deported just for working as prostitutes, unless they overstayed their visa?

If there are underage girls involved it's understandable. As far those 18 years of age and older, who cares.

#32 Parent Bobby - 2018-03-29
Bobby - 2018-03-29
77 Chinese nationals deported from Fiji by uniformed Chinese police in August
Return to Index › 77 Chinese nationals deported from Fiji by uniformed Chinese police in August

Go to another board -