TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD
DongK - 2015-02-04

There are lots of pros and cons with working at Worlda

Firstly, I'll start with the pros, you get picked up at the airport upon arrival,you are working on a Z Visa,you don't have to leave China every 30 days,the pay is really high in Guangzhou,I was working the same shifts as a teacher with a different agency,earning about 1500 RMB more than her every month, for the exact same work.Also you gain valuable experience along the way and you are always paid on time, no matter what.You even have the opportunity to attend Chinese lessons, once a week.Lastly,you gain experience across many different levels, experience that will help you in the future, regardless of whatever role you might take.

Now the cons, they are not an honest company. There is a huge amount of corruption at Worlda, not just Worlda, but with most Chinese agencies.They are very motivated, and you,a westerner,come with a huge price tag. You are gold in China, in full demand, and Chinese agents will do everything to exploit foreigners, no matter how damaging the consequences may be. This has been highlighted on more than one occasion.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are 100% bad,but just be very careful. I know teachers that did well at Worlda, and liked their role, and have worked with Worlda for years,while others were mistreated,collapsed and ran away as quickly as they possibly could.If you are careful and observant then you will be ok and you will succeed. I would recommend that you study Chinese law and know your rights before arriving in China. If not then they will find every possible way to take advantage of you.Do your research in advance, ask plenty of questions, read everything before signing, question the school,facilities, accomodation, flights, social events, before your trip, so you will have a clearer idea of what to expect upon arrival.

To conclude, there are positive and negative examples in every job. I have worked for better and for worse agencies over the years, and I can draw the line right down the middle.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2013-06-09
Good day to the kind teachers!!! -- James B. -- 2016-05-20
Re Good day to the kind teachers!!! -- TankEngine -- 2016-07-02
Re Good day to the kind teachers!!! -- Guangzhou Worlda Scam -- 2016-07-03
Re Good day to the kind teachers!!! -- Jerry L'épeire -- 2016-06-27
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- DongK -- 2015-02-04
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Jerry L'épeire -- 2016-01-25
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- DongK -- 2016-03-22
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Jerry L'épeire -- 2016-03-23
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- OC -- 2016-03-28
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2016-03-23
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2016-01-26
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Mogui -- 2015-02-07
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- US Owl -- 2016-01-23
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Worlduh -- 2016-02-04
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- TankEngine -- 2016-01-25
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Worlduh -- 2016-03-02
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2016-01-26
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Jason -- 2018-03-29
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Another Willie -- 2018-03-29
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- Jerry L'épeire -- 2016-01-26
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- MR T -- 2014-11-30
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- John O’ Shei -- 2014-12-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD

Go to another board -